Email Fun Facts
Nowadays, everybody uses electronic mail or, simply, email. Here are some email fun facts that might interest you about it:
- The typical email word length is between 5 and 43.
- The average number of words per email is 40.
- People respond to emails in an average of 47 minutes.
- Pope John Paul II was the first Pope to ever use the email. His email address was [email protected]
- The most common email password is “123456”.
- The first person credit to hit send on a network e-mail message is Ray Tomlinson.
- In the first half of 2010, 92% of all messages sent all over the Internet were spam.
- The “@” symbol is known as the “at” symbol in English. It is more formally known as “commercial at”. However, different languages have more interesting names for it:
- In Dutch, it’s apestaart – “monkey’s tail.”
- In Italian, it’s chiocciolina – “small snail.”
- In other languages, it is called “’A’ with an elephant’s trunk”, “mouse’s tail”, “sleeping cat”, “little worm”, and “little duck.”